Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wow, four weeks since liberation!

So I'm four weeks down the road.  Time to take stock of the changes and improvements I've seen so far:
  1. My energy is way up.  It's still far from normal, but it's much better than it was before the procedure.  If I push myself as I did yesterday unloading the car after our trip to the cottage, I can end up feeling pretty weak and some of the effects (bouts of tiredness, arms feeling like concrete) can come and go for a few hours after that.  But if I don't push myself, I won't know how much I can do.
  2. My mobility is better.  In the mornings and when I haven't been walking much, I only have a small limp.  I start limping more after only a short distance, but it's still noticeably better than before.
  3. My balance seems better when I'm not tired.  I hope to have objective measures of this after I see the physiotherapist next week
  4. The numbness, stiffness and clumsiness in my hands seems to be getting a little better every day.  If I get real tired (physically), the symptoms seem to come back with a vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment