- Immediately after procedure, daughter noticed my feet were pink and felt warm. They were icy cold and dusky prior to procedure.
- I did not have to get up during the night to go to the bathroom. Prior, I had to get up 2 to 3 times a night.
- I could walk without crutches around the room. Prior, I had to use crutches for every step.
- I was able to sleep on the side that I had a painfully broken rib (my muscles were supporting my ribcage after the procedure). Prior, I couldn't put weight on that side.
- I could stand up straight. Prior, my trunk was so weak, I was bent over.
- I could look up at the ceiling without supporting my neck and head. Prior, I couldn't because my neck was too weak.
- My gallbladder worked better. How do I know? Because my bowel movements were a darker color rather than very light. I also didn't have pain in my gallbladder area, even when eating high fat food. Prior, I couldn't eat high fat food without having pain in gallbladder.
- I did not choke. Prior, I choked frequently on my own spit or on anything spicy.
- My right foot was straight when I walked. Prior, my right foot "led" with the outside. I thought I was just pigeon-toed.
- No positional sleepiness. Prior, I fell asleep or almost fell asleep when my head was flexed in certain positions.
- Shopped for 3 hours without any cramps in feet. Prior, I couldn't shop for longer than 1/2 hour.
These were immediate results that have either stayed stable or improved even further since procedure 6 weeks ago.
My physical therapist says my lower extremity strength has increased 25%.