Saturday, May 15, 2010

Reply to Anonymous - Vascular Specialists

My GP is trying to get me a referral to an Interventional Radiologist who might be interested in this whole issue, then perhaps a vascular specialist - but this is my own initiative, not something the doctors in Poland said I have to do.  You are in TO, so there should be a large number of IRs and vascular specialists there.  Is your GP onside?  If so, or even if he/she is neutral but open-minded, book an appointment and explain the situation - he/she should then make a referral to someone who gives a damn.  Take all the ammunition you can get from the TiMS and/or facebook sites, but try to condense it into a one page summary (with the details as backup).  I gave something like that to my GP and he was very interested and helpful - if you want, e-mail me (through the profile link below) and I'll try to find it for you.  Your doctor is there to help you, and not just with direct medical complaints, but also for consults and referrals.

I'm basically feeling no different... my wife and friends say I look better.  In any case, I tell myself it took 8 years to get to this condition, so I have to be patient about any healing that might happen... and since I'm SPMS some damage is probably permanent, so until they discover drugs that regenerate myelin and/or nerves I still may suffer symptoms.

Best of luck in Poland... you'll be well taken care of, I'm sure.


  1. Hi Anonymous here, thank you for responding to question in regards to looking for a vascular specialist, I would truly appreciate your help and would like to contact you, how do I obtain your email or where do I find it?

  2. Hi Anonymous: For my e-mail, just click on my profile link below (or the pic of me below, then click on the e-mail link in my profile.