Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vacation is over - going to Katowice today

In the end, we didn't go to the Alef restaurant.  My wife and our friends were too physically and emotionally drained after visiting Auschwitz and Birkenhaus, and I was too tired after walking around a bit.  Instead, it was such a beautiful evening that we ate on a patio on the main square where we had a great (but heavy) meal.  I don't think I've had so much cream since the Ukrainian Christmas meals of my youth.

This morning my wife and our friends are visiting the famous salt mines.  This afternoon Maciej (pronounced Macheck, I think) of Euromedic is going to pick us up at the hotel to take us to the Qubus hotel in Katowice.  I hope to meet quite a few of my TiMS friends there over the next few evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment