Friday, September 3, 2010

Bottom line so far

Mark Lane (mark@marklane.ca) is collecting CCSVI treatment testimonials for presentation to a meeting of Health Ministers in Saint John's later this month.  I sent him a page of impacts (based upon my TiMS tracking thread) and ended with this:
Bottom line so far:  My quality of life has improved significantly since I had the procedure.  Last fall, there were many things (sailing, kayaking, biking) that my wife and I thought we would never be able to do again together.  The way things were progressing, it looked like I would be in a wheelchair this year and that I would have to retire from teaching (our old campus is NOT wheelchair-friendly, and the fatigue would have stopped me in any case).  But I am teaching again this year, and am re-thinking my retirement plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment