NO!!!!I am certain that there will be lots of MSers who are upset about this. What a travesty!
THE GOOD DOCTOR DID NOT GET APPROVED. THE GOOD DOCTOR GOT SHOT DOWN. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE OFFICIAL REJECTION BUT AMONG THE ISSUES THAT WERE RAISED AGSINST MY PROPOSAL WERE
1. AN OBSCURE GERMAN ABSTRACT REPORTING TEN PATIENTS THAT SHOWED NO ASSOCIATION BETWEEN CCSVI AND MS
2. A NEWLETTER OF SOME FORM STATING THAT ONLY RANDOMIZED TRIALS SHOULD BE PERFORMED.
3. THAT RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED STUDIES WERE ALREADY UNDERWAY IN BUFFALO. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THAT?
4. THAT THE NATIONAL MS SOCIETY RECOMMENDED AGAINST TREATMENTS
5. THAT PATIENTS WERE BEING CHARGED FOR PROCEDURES. AND I HAD NO FUNDING
6. AND OF COURSE, THE WALL STREET JOUIRNAL TALKING ABOUT DAKES COMPLICATION AND DEATH
SORRY FOLKS, I AM REELING
I AM LOST RIGHT NOW.
I AM SPEAKING TO OTHERS WHO DO THE PROCEDURE TO SEE IF I CAN DO MY PATIENTS AT THEIR SITE.
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TREAT MY PATIENTS.
ANYBODY KNOW OF ANYONE INTERESTED IN INVESTING IN A PROCEDURE SITE?
SORRY TO ALL OF YOU. I AM SO UPSET
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Dr. Sclafani's Proposed Trial Is Refused!
It looks like the anti-CCSVI cabal has won another round. This was posted on TiMS today by the good doctor Sclafani himself (who was proposing to do testing and treatment in a clinical trial setting in the US):