Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First week on Fampyra

I've been on Fampyra (which, hopefully, will help my walking) for one week now. In about a week I should find out if I am one of the 1/3 of MSers who are helped by Fampyra. In my first week I had one day of side effects (flu-like symptoms without the upper-respiratory symptoms, muscles hurting, upset stomach), but since then appear to be OK. It's a little hard to say because I have been suffering from a mild flu or cold for a couple of days, which I assume is the real thing, not side effects. Now I wait for another week to see if I am one of the lucky 33%.

1 comment:

  1. I am 62 male, Primary Progressive MS. Sorry I ever tried Fampyra despite initial faster pace and more endurance. After 3 months, like many, I regressed in walking gait, slowed, fell badly and went to one pill. After another week of worsening walk and a sudden drop of vision, I was taken off Fampyra. I suggest all be very sure you know, it helps only 1/3 of people and can worsen your MS. If I had known that, I never would have tried. Canada now notes the vision reduction side effect as of March, 2013.

    ReplyDelete