Sunday, April 24, 2011

My friend Louis - the good and the bad

I received an e-mail this morning from my friend Louis. He's just returned from having his veins checked at the Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor. The good news is that his blood flow appears to be just fine, according to them. The bad news, he informs me, is that by now he has lost pretty well all the improvements he got after his procedure last summer, and he can't blame resteonsis for that.

There is still so much we don't know about MS, and about the liberation treatment and its impacts. Why should some get tremendous, apparently lasting improvements while others get none or get some and lose those gains even without re-stenosis? Why would I keep my improvements after a year (in fact, despite daily ups and downs, getting more improvements), while Louis loses his in a shorter time-span?

My improvements were pretty slow coming compared to many of those telling their stories of big, dramatic improvements on the Internet but, so far, the symptom relief I've won has stayed. Since I would have considered myself lucky if liberation had simply halted or slowed the progression of MS, I feel I've won the big prize... maybe not the lotto jackpot, but a great win, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. Yes Ted, I’ve started antibiotics for a infection which is probably why my system in low…

    Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon, Louis

    ReplyDelete