Sunday, January 2, 2011

Upright Doctor

Here is an e-mail I received from a friend who I met when I was liberated in Katowice last April:

Hi Ted,
Hope you and your family had a great Christmas and New Year. Since our liberation in Katowice back in April 2010, I too have had improvements very similar to yourself and hope that the disease progress has been halted. The reason for this brief email is that I have been following your blog for many months now and find it very helpful to read your informative articles. The one that caught my immediate attention was the recent article on the connection between CCSVI and Upper Cervical care. There is a thread on TIMS which you are probably aware of but if not have a look at http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-14005.html. I had  a serious motor cycle accident back in my wilder days and always believed this has led to my current situation but couldn't get any neurologist to take it seriously. Although the hospital fixed my broken limbs they never checked my neck for any damage. To be fair to them I didn't complain at the time of any issues with the upper cervical areas I was just glad to get my leg and arm fixed. After reading lots of stories on the web, there does seem to be a common thread with accidents and the onset of MS in quite a lot of people that have suffered a physical trauma. Dr. Flanagan's book is definitely a good read and has several chapters dedicated to MS and his theories do make a lot of sense. I am now on the next part of my MS journey to investigate this avenue more thoroughly. If you get any useful info on this subject please send it in my direction as well.
Have a great 2011 and I hope you keep the improvements already gained.
Best wishes to you and your wife,
Tony
So, more anecdotal evidence that trauma is somehow related to the onset of MS, and that Dr. Flanagan may be on to something in his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment