Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wheelchair Kamikaze's posting about progressive MS

A very good summary of his literature search findings: Wheelchair Kamikaze blog.  I commented as follows:
I have been diagnosed with SPMS, though my period of RRMS was very short (if it existed at all). Almost 18 months ago I was "liberated", which brought me relief from the symptoms of fatigue, balance problems and bladder problems. My mobility seemed to improve, but that may have been primarily due to improved balance. My dexterity, footdrop and left-side weakness problems have continued and, most recently, may have gotten slightly worse. This seems to be consistent with the results from other progressives after liberation: those with energy, balance and bladder problems often see an improvement, while those who do not have those problems do not see any positive outcomes.

1 comment: