Everything went very well. Dr. Beelen managed to get half of the old stent out (I have it here in a little container, swimming around..It looks like a shrimp in barbed wire...Some of the scar tissue came with it, so it looks rather dodgy).
He couldn't get the upper part out, because that was grown into my vessel (wall? I do not know the word). He placed a new, covered stent in the old one, and that is sitting tight there. Everything flows again. My neck is till a little sore, but that will pass.
On the left side he ballooned a 40-50% narrowing. And he completely opened up my azygos (100% narrowing). I am especially glad with the latter, as I understand that the azygos is quite important for mobility. I already experience some slight improvements:
- I can flex my right foot when lying in bed: before my leg felt like a rock and I couldn't move it.
- I can lift my right foot better: instead of dragging, I can make the beginning of a step.
- I stand more stable and more powerful (especially under the shower)
- I feel a sensation in my right hand: it feels less numb
- I can pee more easily
- it seems that the spasms are lessSo impressive hey?
I am very very glad I had the 2nd surgery.
The interview went well: do you know when it is published?
We'll email! Take careXInge