Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Story Continues

Life is good. There, I said it. Despite the disability, the discomfort and the pain, I'm quite happy. I've just passed the 8th anniversary since my CCSVI treatment in Poland, which is still helping some of my symptoms). Here is why my life is better (well, relatively, at least):

  1. I have a great caregiver (my wife, Mary) and good support from family and friends. Love them all.
  2. My daughter and her family and my son now live in Fredericton. It's so great to see them several times a week.
  3. My granddaughter Eva is the apple of my eye.  She is almost always happy and is growing like a weed. When she brings me a book to read and looks up with a big grin, my heart skips. Never underestimate the power of a grandchild to improve your life.
  4. I tamed my IBS. Until we figured out what to do (diet change) I hardly had a day without stomach problems.
  5. I'm getting exercise on a more regular basis, in good part because I no longer have stomach problems every day. Three days a week at the pool, exercises and stretches every other day, and physio once a week.
  6. I think I've got my marijuana consumption just about right: high CBD/low THC Sativa-based oil in the daytime, High THC Indica-based oils in the late evening. While I'm getting some from a licensed producer, the widest variety of products (and least expensive) come from well-established dispensaries in the grey market. I'm worried that, when it's legalized, the provinces will clamp down on the grey market, leaving medical marijuana users with no options.
Overall, with those changes, my quality of life has improved greatly. Crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment