Thursday, March 25, 2010

Walk Aid

Today I was at the local rehabilitation centre where the physiotherapists fitted me with and programmed an electronic "walk aid" that is meant to overcome my "toe drop" problem when I walk (www.walkaide.com).  It acts something like a muscle-stimulator, sending a shock that causes my leg to lift my toes.  I've got it for a week to try out. 

Even if I decide that this is the way to go (it costs thousands of bucks!), I wouldn't likely get it until after I see the results of my trip to Poland.  I can sure tell that my leg isn't accustomed to using that muscle: after a short walk with the walk aid, that muscle is completely tired out.  I do have some ideas how they could make the device better, though... maybe I should talk to the people at Biomed Engineering at the University...

No comments:

Post a Comment